URGENT DENTAL CARE CENTRES – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below are links to answers issued by the HSCB to some of the most frequently asked questions about the Urgent Dental Care centres that have been set up around Northern Ireland to provide emergency treatment if you have been referred by your existing dentist.
1. Why can’t dentists provide a normal service during the pandemic?
2. If dentists have PPE, can they carry out these procedures?
3. What can my dentist do for me if I am in pain?
4. I’ve heard you can only get extractions, not fillings or root canal treatment at these Urgent Dental Care centres?
5. I don’t want to have an extraction but I am in pain – what are my options?
a. Please call us first on 02897 519055 if you have a dental problem.
b. Only dentists can refer patients to the Urgent Dental Care Centres.